Building a Digital Front Door: Modernizing Patient Access and Experience for Today’s Consumers
• Best practices for integrating real-time patient engagement technology to improve patient access
and drive the bottom line.
• Determine the impact patient text messaging has on patient experience and health outcomes.
• Establish a care messaging program that leverages clinical data to boost outcomes.
Speaker: Bill Hambsh, CPA, FACMPE
Sponsor: TMH Federal Credit Union
CAPITAL MEDICAL SOCIETY ANNUAL MEETING & CME PRESENTATION
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 – 6:00 PM
Maguire Center for Lifelong Learning at Westminster Oaks, 4449 Meandering Way
Women are from Venus; Men are from Mars; Sexual Dysfunction on Both Planets
1-Hour CME Presented by
Andrea D. Friall, M.D., North Florida Women’s Care
Kent DeLay, M.D., Advanced Urology Institute
Learn about our regional Health Information Exchange (or the RHIN as most users call it). Zach Finn, CEO of HIE Networks, will lead a presentation on the secure network covering new system features, who’s participating, and how to get connected if not already.
THE CAPITAL MEDICAL SOCIETY and THE FLORIDA MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Prevention of Medical Errors – 2-hour Required CME
Julia G. Weeks, M.D. with Jesse Suber, Esq., Henry Buchanan, P.A.
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:00pm
Maguire Center for Lifelong Learning at Westminster Oaks, 4449 Meandering Way, Tallahassee, FL 32308
Review definition and incidence of medical errors
Review types of errors and factors that influence occurrence
Increase understanding of process of effective Root Cause Analysis
Discuss opportunities for increasing patient safety
CE Broker is the official continuing education tracking system for the Florida Department of Health and manages the database of CME records for all physicians in the state.
The Capital Medical Society and CE Broker have joined together to offer our Members an exclusive rate of only $12 per year for the Professional Account ($29) with CE Broker. This is a savings of $17!
Benefits of CE Broker’s Professional Service:
MAKING LICENSE RENEWAL SIMPLE
- See your renewal requirements in detail.
- Quickly report missing CE.
- Check your compliance status anytime.
- Know when your requirements are fully met.
- Find approved educational providers.
- Receive important notifications from your regulating agency.
STAYING ORGANIZED WITH SECURE STORAGE
- Permanently back up your reported documents.
- Store heart cards & multiple licenses.
GO PAPERLESS & GO ANYWHERE
- Access your account through free apps.
- Review all past course info in your Course History.
- Digitally Store all your certificates.
To determine compliance with continuing education renewal requirements, the DOH, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, reviews the records in CE Broker.
Not taking advantage of your CMS Member CE Broker Discounted Rate? Call CMS at (850) 877-9018 to register!
The Capital Medical Society is pleased to announce a new membership benefit: My Green Doctor. This free program shows how to add environmental sustainability to your offices. It requires your office manager or you to add only five minutes of Green Team business to each regular staff meeting. You will save money — as much as $2000 per doctor per year– as you adopt wise environmental practices. In addition, there are free brochures, posters, and other tools for teaching the office staff, patients and families. My Green Doctor helps us to prepare our patients for the health effects of climate change.
We recommend that you register at My Green Doctor and ask your office colleagues to register at well. Registration is free, safe, and takes under two minutes: https://www.MyGreenDoctor.org. The site is for all healthcare professionals, not only physicians. Your office will receive a free certificate for the waiting room just for registering.
Your office manager will learn how to start a Green Team that meets for five minutes as part of each usual staff meeting. Every meeting is scripted in the “Meeting-by-Meeting Guide” so that there is nothing for your manager to study in advance. The office will read the “Ten Reasons to Go Green” and use the “Meeting-by-Meeting Guide” to make gradual improvements. You can qualify for the Green Doctor Office Certificate in just six weeks! The $250 certificate is free to you as a member of the Capital Medical Society.
My Green Doctor is a practice management tool that is designed by Florida doctors, is science-based, and is comprehensive. It is used by hundreds of offices in 50 countries because it really works. Check out this new, free CMS membership benefit!
What is DocbookMD?
Designed by physicians and for physicians, DocbookMD is an exclusive HIPAA-secure application for both Apple and Android smartphones and tablets that allows physicians to send HIPAA-compliant messages bundled with photos of x-rays, EKGs, wounds, and more just as if they were sending a text.
DocbookMD is a free CMS member benefit that is breaking down the communication barriers between physicians, transforming medical collaboration and improving patient care. Join the growing community today by downloading DocbookMD from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
How to Get DocbookMD
DocbookMD is a free CMS member benefit. Across the country, the app is also offered for free to physicians exclusively through their county/state medical societies. DocbookMD is now in use by more than 25,000 physicians in 46 states.
It’s easy and free to get DocbookMD:
- Claim your account here.
- Download the app for iOS, Android, or access the web version from your desktop or laptop.
- Log in to DocbookMD and start messaging! If you need help, use the Quick Start Guide.
If you need any additional help, the support team at DocbookMD is available at help@DocbookMD.com or 888.204.0053.
“DocbookMD allows you to look up another doctor at the point of care. You can then either call the physician or send a text message with room numbers, medical record numbers, even pictures of wounds and x-rays. And all of this is sent securely and in a way that meets HIPAA requirements.” -Tim Gueramy, MD, orthopedic surgeon and cofounder of DocbookMD
What Does DocbookMD Offer Physicians?
- Physician-centered patient care: Reach out to colleagues and coordinate your entire care team from nurses to front office staff.
- A convenient way to share vital patient information from the point-of-care.
- HIPAA-secure ability to attach high-resolution images of x-rays, EKGs, or wounds to any message.
- A universal communication solution: Use DocbookMD to coordinate care across any type of practice setting ― even without an EHR.
- Details on all your local pharmacies